[lbo-talk] On the term, "Political correctness"

Shane Mage shmage at pipeline.com
Wed Aug 21 19:13:07 PDT 2013

On Aug 21, 2013, at 8:28 PM, c b wrote:

> The terms have not been hijacked by the right. They are used by the
> right
> to cast aspersions on some left wing statement of a politically
> correct (
> not "right") position.

To everyone, including cb, the phrase "politically correct" evokes the putrid aroma of the phrase "Party Line." But what stinks in our ears is music to cb's, so here's some music (to the tune of Darling Clementine):

In old Moscow, in the Kremlin, In the fall of thirty-nine. Sat a Russian and a Prussian, Writing out the Party Line.

O my darling, O my darling, O my darling Party Line No I never will forsake you, for I love this life of mine

Leon Trotzky was a Nazi, We all knew it for a fact. Pravda said it, we all read it, Before the Stalin-Hitler pact.

O my darling, O my darling, O my darling Party Line No I never will forsake you, for I love this life of mine

Once a Nazi would be shotzi, That was then the Party Line. Now a Nazi's hotsi-totsi, Trotsky's laying British mines.

O my darling, O my darling, O my darling Party Line No I never will forsake you, for I love this life of mine

Now the Nazis, without Trotzkys, Stand within the Party Line. All the Russians love the Prussians, Volga boatmen sail the Rhine.

O my darling, O my darling, O my darling Party Line No I never will forsake you, for I love this life of mine.

Shane Mage

"Thunderbolt steers all things." Herakleitos of Ephesos, fr. 64