[lbo-talk] my interview w The Real News: Pressure Mounts for US to Cut Aid to Egyptian Military

JOANNA A. 123hop at comcast.net
Thu Aug 22 17:43:22 PDT 2013

Talked to a friend today, a musician, who has a friend who is Egyptian.

According to him, the largest opposition in Egypt is secular and leftist. They largely boycotted the election because there was no one for them to vote for and for lack of organization.

Although they went out on the streets, reportedly they support the military vs Muslim Brotherhood.

He also reported that the Muslim Brotherhood is relatively small == 100,000 or so, but they do have a wider circle of supporters.

I don't know how true this is, but I certainly think that the mainstream media's representation of their being only two sides to the struggle: MB vs military is seriously wrong.

Joanna