[lbo-talk] WMD redux

Carrol Cox cbcox at ilstu.edu
Wed Aug 28 15:52:37 PDT 2013

For 70 years the U.S., through every administration, has unrelentingly pursued the premise that western domination of the Middle East is an indisputable necessity. And I have seen no evidence that U.S. power (and thus the power of international capital) at the present time is in any danger. What to do with Syria is for the "leaders" of the west a mere tactical question -- and unless domestic politics change rapidly, no outcome of that tactical choice can make any great difference. And really, Joanna, to posit "war profiteering" is a silly reduction to a crude economism. And "conservative theory" has _no_ causative force; some will appeal to it after the fact, but that is fluff.

Carrol