[lbo-talk] Blog Post: Memorializing Martin Luther King, Jr

michael yates mikedjyates at msn.com
Fri Aug 30 09:21:35 PDT 2013

Full at http://cheapmotelsandahotplate.org/2013/08/30/memorializing-martin-luther-king-jr/

"We often visit the monuments and museums along the National Mall in Washington, D.C., and each time I am surprised at my heightened emotions when we are there. Maybe it is because the museums are free and some of the memorials grand and inspiring, and I can imagine for a few hours that this country will one day live up to its professed ideals. In the city a few weeks ago, we looked forward to seeing our old favorites and were excited to see for the first time the Martin Luther King, Jr. Memorial."

Comments welcomed, especially if you have been to the MLK Memorial