[lbo-talk] with a whimper, not a bang

Wojtek S wsoko52 at gmail.com
Tue Dec 17 05:58:43 PST 2013

[WS:] Just to follow on my own post - I find libertarianism less tolerable than straightforward right wing bigotry. The latter is obnoxious but understandable (which of course does not mean excusable!) - it is a reaction of narrow minded people to dire straits. They are squeezed by the system and they react by lashing out at the most proximate target - like a dog biting a stick that hits him. The reaction is, in a way, natural.

Every living organism wants to protect itself. One could hope that an organism with a brain would do it in a more targeted and effective way, but then given the narrow horizons of these folks, such irrational lashing out is understandable.

Libertarianism is far more callous and disingenuous - folks who embrace it are self styled intellectuals, people with ethical sensibilities and intellectual horizons broad enough to make an informed judgment. What they do instead is parroting of psychopathic anti-social babbling that would not stand a chance against empirical evidence and disguise it as a "philosophy"

which then they use to callously put down other people and deny them access to resources. The founder of Whole Foods Johns Mackey is a case in point. A self-styled hippie shedding crocodile tears over environmental issues while opposing unions, living wage, and social protection to people.

A callous hypocritical POS. I feel nothing but contempt for creeps like that.

-- Wojtek