[lbo-talk] Have a happy and merry December 25

Charles Brown cb31450 at gmail.com
Tue Dec 24 21:18:14 PST 2013

Thanks for your annual reminder, Jim Farmelant. The standing on the shoulders of giants quote is one of my favorites. I consider it is a clever encapsulation of the concept of culture in cultural anthropology. Humans' signal characteristic is that dead generations communicate majorly with living generations through culture and language. Our living generations stand on the shoulder of giant dead generations.

Charles