[lbo-talk] Django, etc.

123hop at comcast.net 123hop at comcast.net
Mon Feb 11 10:05:42 PST 2013

Julio, I love you to pieces, but Django was a piece of fascist crap.

Its heroes are bounty hunters: drones with human faces, and its ultimate hero is a revenge-driven gun slinger on a rampage.

There is a little frisson in the insertion of the German meme, by which perhaps Tarantino might claim that he is raising a flag, but I don't buy it for a minute.

Tarantino finds an audience because he personifies the American ideal: eternal adolescence, but there are some hard-working, deeply interesting directors out there: the Dardennes brothers, Kiarostami, Mungiu ...to name a few....and he is dust on their shoes.

Joanna

----- Original Message ----- Did I send this link to the list before? It's from Frank Rich, on Django, etc.: