[lbo-talk] EDF suing climate activists for ?5 million - protesters face losing homes

James Heartfield james at heartfield.org
Thu Feb 21 10:27:36 PST 2013

Given that Britons face climbing energy costs and a disastrous shortfall in power generation, I have not too much sympathy for the idiots who thought that it was good idea to prevent power being generated. What, one wonders, will 'No Dash for Gas' have to say about winter fuel deaths among old-age pensioners?

And while we are at it, it is indeed terrible that people might lose their homes - especially when nimby activists have succeeded in creating a regulatory framework so hostile to the building of new homes that Britain's shortfall has pushed average houseprices up to a quarter of a million.