[lbo-talk] Asshole NYTimes reporter says Berliners have been spoiled by low rents

123hop at comcast.net 123hop at comcast.net
Thu Feb 21 15:01:40 PST 2013

Chuck writes:

"In more general terms neoliberalism is an in-depth world view and just as difficult to dislodge as religion. I keep believing that there is a magic key, a snap out of it thing like there was for me, so that the society comes to its senses. Don't bother to note that I have my own delusions too."

Not quite religion because with religion you're supposed to get the goodies after you die; but with neoliberalism, you're supposed to see the goodies in your life time.

And the thing is, they are increasingly unable to deliver the goodies. For the 99% life is getting more impoverished and, if not that, more precarious every year. Economic inequities, social inequities, health care, education, environment: total devastation. Doesn't exactly spell success. Most people have kids and most people know that their kids will have a harder life than they do. Most people will sacrifice their well being and accept hardship and poverty if their kids have a chance, but that's no longer the bargain.

So, I think if they are not able to conjure up total war (Better an end with horror, than horror without end.), they will fall. They will surely fall.

Joanna