[lbo-talk] Photos of the desert

Chuck Grimes cagrimes42 at gmail.com
Thu Feb 21 20:51:20 PST 2013

Of course I thought of The Third Man when I first read Wells' dismissal of Antonioni. If there was ever a long take worth the film, it was the closing scene. I've seen it over and over since I was kid.

Are we the last of LBO? Has it been that long? Well when I started I was a bright eyed boy of 52 or 3 with a kid still in school. Bill Gates didn't believe in the internet and you had to kludge together dial up and email because Windows didn't work. Remember Netscape? Now I am an old man with grandkids---cheerfully living off the US Treasury Department.

Ah the good old days when Judith Butler got bad writing awards and postmodern nitpicking over the subaltern sent imperialism into peels of laughter and derision.

CG