[lbo-talk] Chewing Gum on lbo talk

// ravi ravi at platosbeard.org
Fri Feb 22 09:48:52 PST 2013

On Feb 22, 2013, at 12:07 PM, Carrol Cox <cbcox at ilstu.edu> wrote:

> As far as I can tell a certain indication that a post is nonsense or worse
> is the presence in it of the assertion that one can walk and chew gum at the
> same time.

I am unaware of the age of this particular aphorism, but it has gained tremendously in popularity in the last few years. Democrats trot it out every Obama orbit to admonish us that we must vote for the bankster-boy as well as continue on with struggles related to labour, gender, identity, so on issues. The expression never fails to grate on my nerves. My standard response to the call has become: well yes, you have certainly proved that you can chew gum and walk backwards at the same time.

—ravi