[lbo-talk] evangelical antipathy to taxes / governemtn

martin schiller mschiller at pobox.com
Fri Feb 22 17:35:20 PST 2013

On Feb 22, 2013, at 6:12 AM, Carrol Cox wrote:

> And a centyury ago many (most?) evangelical Christians were politically to
> the left.

This morning Amy Goodman interviewed a reservist Lt Col from North Carolina - a lawyer, who had served as a prosecutor at Guantanamo post-911. He had refused to prosecute a detainee who he felt had been tortured/coerced, and he said that his conviction to refuse the job was firmed up while attending a baptismal ceremony in his evangelical church. (I really don't know if I'm trying to make a point, or just noting a coincidence)