[lbo-talk] Graber on consensus

Chuck Grimes cagrimes42 at gmail.com
Mon Feb 25 20:43:27 PST 2013

> The question is only relevant to those who are (or _think as though they
> were) building mass action at the local level, & few seem to be left on
> this
> list who are .
>
> Carrol

This simply isn't true. Anybody who is interested in politics could use a few insights into a variety of ways to be an active participant. In fact, I suspect a majority of people in this country have several issues they care a lot about and that are not being addressed by formal channels. That doesn't mean they are all on our side.

I would argue that non-organizer types would get more out of listening to Graber than organizers precisely because they have fewer preconceptions that need to be addressed. Just show up and see.

Where are the places in this society where you are not told what to think, how to act, and what to do? Near zero.

CG