[lbo-talk] Mass rally against gay marriage held in Paris

andie_nachgeborenen andie_nachgeborenen at yahoo.com
Mon Jan 14 08:56:09 PST 2013

Still misses the point. The rally isn't evidence that most of even a majority of French people support denying gay people civil rights on religious or any other grounds. In fact France is a highly irreligious country,,with more atheists than people who are certain that God exists. Look up the report, religiosity varies widely by country, sociological images, 6.25.13, found by google search on religiosity by country.) And extremist Hindus are no less capable of terrible excesses than the French. Bear also, wrt to the French right, that the FN pretty regularly gets 10% + of the vote in elections, but in India the BJP actually wins elections and is Congress' main rival.

Sent from my iPad