[lbo-talk] Can non-Europeans think? What happens with thinkers who operate outside the European philosophical 'pedigree'?

Wojtek S wsoko52 at gmail.com
Thu Jan 17 06:44:40 PST 2013

Wrong question. Everyone can think or to quote the Old Man, "write poetry in the evening." The right question is can non-Europeans make a decent living by thinking? On this side of the pond, one cannot just think, but to quote John Kenneth Galbraith, to provide the needed conclusions to those in a position to pay for them. Free thinking is incompatible with neoliberalism - only thinking in the service of profits count.

Wojtek