[lbo-talk] Inaguguration and terror Tuesdays

Chuck Grimes cagrimes42 at gmail.com
Tue Jan 22 11:24:23 PST 2013

I watched Democracy Now this morning. A big mistake since it had a long story on Obama's Inaguguration to a packed mall. There are that many delusional people?

I decided that something else was going on. Obama doesn't matter. He does none of what he says and so on. So what is going on? I think it doesn't matter because the symbol of Obama is sufficient. It would be nice if Obama was more than a symbol, but if not, then the symbol will do. This is only possible as long as Republicans remain in the mad house horror of an even worse racism, war, and irrationalism.

Terror Tuesdays. Amazing. The long segment with Jeremy Scahill is worth the time. The war on terror is part night raids carried out with Navy Seals and drone strikes.

And then compared to what? To Bush, Clinton, Bush, Reagan, Carter? Oliver Stone and Peter Kuznick's Untold History makes for a very long list of the same, now lesser, now greater, but never much off center.

CG