[lbo-talk] Marx: "Permanent Crises Do Not Exist"

Carrol Cox cbcox at ilstu.edu
Tue Jul 2 12:19:24 PDT 2013

I think many (probably not a majority) of leftists identify an economic crisis with a crisis of capitalism; and when they speak of a crisis of capitalism they use the word as it is usually used in medicine: a point from which the patient either recovers or dies. In general the word is thrown around too loosely.

If it doesn't carry that medical association, then it really isn't saying much. Rough times. So?

Carrol