[lbo-talk] Hands off my metadata

Bill Bartlett william7 at aapt.net.au
Wed Jul 3 19:49:19 PDT 2013

And on that question, the latest news about the virtual hijacking of a plane transporting the Bolivian President Evo Morales, by concerted action of European satrapy nations presumably directed by the US government, is fascinating. It suggests that the US is afraid, very afraid, of this Snowden fellow. I infer that they are afraid of what else he might divulge and/or what trouble he might stir up by continuing agitation.

Surely such a casual exercise of naked power as this would not be done lightly? Of course, it is also yet another demonstration of the bungling incompetence of the US intelligence agencies. That they acted on another false assumption, acted yet again on false intelligence. Expended this huge sum of political capital for nothing.

I've already explored why the US intelligence network have become as useless a a stale dog turd, let me remind everyone. One implication of that incompetence though is that we cannot assume that the public will be outraged and demand change, simply because the US government thinks that this might be the case. The incompetence of US intelligence systems means that there is only a co-incidental connection between reality and what the US government believes reality to be.

Bill Bartlett Bracknell Tas