[lbo-talk] Interview with Alan Finlayson

Doug Henwood dhenwood at panix.com
Fri Jul 5 08:25:39 PDT 2013

On Jul 5, 2013, at 3:55 AM, JOANNA A. <123hop at comcast.net> wrote:

> But I am skeptical about the connections he makes between Occupy and Bonoism. I'm also not convinced of the extent to which the creativity of the entrepreneur is really meant to be extended to the general population.

Not in reality, but the ideology of the present is that we're all our own little businesses, moving from opportunity to opportunity. Security is for wimps.

And the skepticism about/hostility to the state and other institutions is all over Occupy. There are a lot of affinities between Occupy's love of spontaneity and self-organization and Hayek's view of The Market, actually.

Doug