[lbo-talk] Tim Wise wins it (was loses it)

Chuck Grimes cagrimes42 at gmail.com
Mon Jul 8 19:27:34 PDT 2013

> How do you feel about Wise speaking at a Teach for America training?
>
> Doug
>
> Like somebody just put an egg beater in my brains.
>
> I just can't fathom what he'd have to say to these very white, very
> privileged kids about replacing experienced teachers to teach poverty
> stricken brown kids.
>
> I'm soooo confused.
>
> Joanna

This might help. Tim Wise is an NGO non-profit. Teach for America is an NGO non-profit. They are part of the privative-public partnerships that have produced an alternate universe for straight forward publically funded, degree + teaching credential system. They get federal grants and private foundation money. They have turned their 501(c) status into a cash cow.

There is no other there there.

CG