[lbo-talk] Tim Wise wins it (was loses it)

mjs at smithbowen.net mjs at smithbowen.net
Tue Jul 9 07:04:26 PDT 2013

> I'm reading Shamus Khan's excellent book on St Paul's School, Privilege.
> The school, once a major institution of the old WASP establishment, has
> "diversified" itself enormously over the last generation. Khan, the son of
> upwardly mobile immigrants from Pakistan, went there and taught there for
> a while. They are extremely fucking serious about diversity.

Indeed; I know some faculty folk there, and that's certainly what I hear from them.

I'm always puzzled when folks who apparently consider themselves Marxists talk as if the ruling class couldn't rule without racism -- or, more foolish still, 'white supremacy', a concept as extinct as the divine right of kings.