[lbo-talk] Tim Wise wins it (was loses it)

mjs at smithbowen.net mjs at smithbowen.net
Tue Jul 9 07:34:11 PDT 2013

Thus Doug:

> Rethinking all the received wisdom about racism might be troublesome.
> You'd have to read some new stuff, maybe outside the canon, and think.

There's that, certainly. It's even possible to make a living *teaching* the catechism -- and not just in Academe; I've been made to attend innumerable 'diversity training' sessions in the corporate world, 'facilitated' by a desperate class of parasitic blockhead who for smug, obtuse sanctimony and platitude of thought made a small-town Chamber Of Commerce look like the Accademia dei Lincei.

It was heartbreaking to see how meekly and earnestly one's most capable and intelligent colleagues would submit to the thundering banalities of these drones.