[lbo-talk] White Supremacy (was Tim Wise)

JOANNA A. 123hop at comcast.net
Tue Jul 9 22:00:49 PDT 2013

Jim writes:

"Most whites outside the south today don't adhere to a white supremacist ideology, but many are keenly aware that there is a black (and sometimes Latino) underclass, to which they consider themselves socially superior, if not racially so.This is one reason why white people think of themselves as middle class. "

Exactly. And please let's remember that whatever is happening on a symbolic level (congress, entertainment, sports), school segregation is back to Brown vs Board of Education times. I don't know about the burbs. But I live in Oakland and the black vs white parts of town are very distinct.

Joanna