[lbo-talk] White Supremacy (was Tim Wise)

mjs at smithbowen.net mjs at smithbowen.net
Wed Jul 10 11:01:38 PDT 2013

> Every objection which can be raised against "Fight Racism" as an
> agitational slogan can ALSO be raised against Equality as a goal.

> mobilizing resistance to concrete issues. If you don't accept, at the
> level of mobilizing resistance, the slogan of "fight racism," the Tim
> Wises will win the struggle.

I don't follow the logic here -- that's not snark; I really don't.

It is true that Equality as a slogan will evoke a lot more resistance than Anti-Racism. That was sorta my point. It cuts closer to the bone.

Anti-Racism is uncontroversial. Why is why every sanctimonious liberal-schmiberal embraces it like an inflatable sex doll. Equality is quite controversial, because it confronts directly the great propagandistic lie of our society, namely Meritocracy, a mind-forg'd manacle second only in its stultifying power to The Rule Of Law.

As far as I can tell, Fight Racism in practice amounts to diction-policing and the sniffing out of unacceptable states of mind. Worse than useless. Much worse.