[lbo-talk] Apple conspired to raise e-book prices

Wojtek S wsoko52 at gmail.com
Wed Jul 10 12:19:15 PDT 2013

http://www.washingtonpost.com/business/technology/judge-rules-apple-conspired-to-raise-e-book-prices/2013/07/10/3db1a0b4-e961-11e2-aa9f-c03a72e2d342_story.html

Apple did not conspire to fix ebook pricing and we will continue to fight against these false accusations,” Neumayr said. “When we introduced the iBookstore in 2010, we gave customers more choice, injecting much needed innovation and competition into the market, breaking Amazon’s monopolistic grip on the publishing industry. We’ve done nothing wrong and we will appeal the judge’s decision.”

[WS:] Pure Orwell. Monopoly is choice, graft is innovation.

Apple itself is a monopoly. I'm glad they got their ass kicked.

-- Wojtek