[lbo-talk] Apple conspired to raise e-book prices

Wojtek S wsoko52 at gmail.com
Thu Jul 11 06:35:45 PDT 2013

Shane: "economic illiteracy represented by your use"

[WS:] You seem to be a smart guy, Shane, so why are you sometimes acting so fucking dumb? Do you really think that calling your opponent names or chastising him for his alleged stupidity is going to change his views? You put quotes of ancient Greek philosophers in your byline, so I am pretty sure you know about Socrates and the Socratic method. In case you don't, here is the link http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Socratic_method. ;)

FYI, I know what a monopoly is and that the term may be used differently by different schools of thought. Baran and Sweezy use it in a different sense than neoclassical economists do, which is still somewhat different from the way Schumpeter does which also can be called market niche seeking behavior.

So instead of using the m-word, it would be better to say that Apple is aggressively engaging in niche seeking behavior - more so than other computer manufacturers. Happy now?

-- Wojtek