[lbo-talk] Apple conspired to raise e-book prices

martin schiller mschiller at pobox.com
Thu Jul 11 09:40:23 PDT 2013

On Jul 11, 2013, at 7:40 AM, Wojtek S wrote:

> The very fact that you speak of
> "Apple users" as a group of people who may take offence from other berating
> that computer product is prima facie evidence that it is all about cult and
> commodity fetishism - as I argued.

"... snobware and rubbing shoulders with a snotty yuppie/hipster crowd ..."

"Appeal to snobbery and conspicuous consumption - plain and simple."

Sounds like you're talking about Apple users. And I rather doubt that you'd be using your nexus device if Apple hadn't developed, introduced and successfully marketed the iPad so that your knockoff could become necessary.