[lbo-talk] White Supremacy (was Tim Wise)

Doug Henwood dhenwood at panix.com
Thu Jul 11 16:26:52 PDT 2013

On Jul 11, 2013, at 7:19 PM, "JOANNA A." <123hop at comcast.net> wrote:

> I think that cuts both ways. Some might discriminate against college grads because they'll leave at the earliest opportunity.

The NY Fed has put out some actual data on all this, which I wrote up here:

http://lbo-news.com/2013/06/27/new-college-grads-could-be-worse/

• The underemployment rate (the share of college grads holding jobs for which bachelor’s degrees are not required) is high, but—surprisingly—below early 1990s levels and comparable to early 2000s levels. In other words, there’s no unprecedented surge of the college educated young into the latte-serving and pants-folding job categories.