[lbo-talk] White Supremacy (was Tim Wise)

Andy andy274 at gmail.com
Fri Jul 12 17:26:08 PDT 2013

On Fri, Jul 12, 2013 at 4:15 PM, Wojtek S <wsoko52 at gmail.com> wrote:

> Andy: "But what exactly do you think the difference is between those
> systems?
> Vocational training and apprenticeships seem good at making the most of
> people's abilities, but my understanding is that you can get stuck in a
> track, with results for future employment similar to our credentialing."
>
> [WS:] This is a standard liberal critique of the tracking system.

By stuck I meant more needing training as an adult to get into a different vocation, perhaps for lack of jobs in what you're already doing. I'm thinking of some of the stringent training they have in Germany for some surprising jobs. But I guess you mean more broadly tracked. I think that would be dandy, though I enjoyed taking some of the vestigial voc classes at my high school along with the college-bound stuff.

-- Andy "It's a testament to ketchup that there can be no confusion."