[lbo-talk] White Supremacy (was Tim Wise)

Andy andy274 at gmail.com
Sat Jul 13 12:15:41 PDT 2013

On Sat, Jul 13, 2013 at 1:49 PM, shag carpet bomb <shag at cleandraws.com>wrote:

> But I'm not really sure what you are asking, specifically. I don't know
> what Chuck described and I'm not sure what Chicago and New England are
> references to. I didn't read the whole thread so may have missed
> something.

You pretty much addressed my poorly-made point - the salutary effect of federal employment on black prosperity. Just from everyday observation, DC seems more financially equal compared to New England and especially Chicago, two other places I've lived, but I don't know if that holds up in the data. Chuck once described his experiences in DC as Southern in an ugly way, but my search-fu is no match for the post I'm thinking of. Chuck, would you care to comment?

-- Andy "It's a testament to ketchup that there can be no confusion."