[lbo-talk] zimmerman not guilty

Wojtek S wsoko52 at gmail.com
Wed Jul 17 15:34:56 PDT 2013

Jordan: Thinking about the broader context is fine, but you've just been making up facts that aren't grounded to reality and fitting them into a (convoluted!) narrative that seems to please you; like I said, you've been in the Court of Wojtek, where surely you are king.

(WS:) I didn't make facts up, I was relying on media reports. FYI, I finally did read the transcript of the trial (I'm normally too busy to spend time on such pursuits) and I have to admit that your representation of what happened was more accurate than the one I was relying on. It appears that while Z was following M, it was M who actually confronted Z. In this light, self defense appears justified.

While we are at this, I still believe that avoiding confrontation and not having a deadly weapon is better than "standing your ground". I always followed that approach, and I haven't terribly suffered. Z OTOH ..... If he didn't have a gun, he would have ended up with a few bruises and didn't even remember the whole thing now..