[lbo-talk] zimmerman not guilty

Julio Huato juliohuato at gmail.com
Thu Jul 18 20:21:58 PDT 2013

I haven't been able to read all the posts on this thread, but I think that Carrol gets things exactly right in this post:

http://mailman.lbo-talk.org/pipermail/lbo-talk/Week-of-Mon-20130715/001940.html

To Doug's question of how to move from "jumping up and down" to effective change, the answer is *organization* -- and by this I mean the kind of stuff that Lenin and many others discussed back when. Plug:

http://guilfordjournals.com/doi/abs/10.1521/siso.2012.76.4.433

We need *permanent* *political* structures with sufficient flexibility to adapt to changing circumstances, including those that fall under the rubric of "spontaneous" movements (e.g. OWS). We need initiatives to build such structures, invest in them our energy, and tweak them as necessary. A lot of trial and error will be involved.