[lbo-talk] catchy and quotable w/common sense [was nonsense]

martin schiller mschiller at pobox.com
Sat Jul 20 20:29:29 PDT 2013

On Jul 19, 2013, at 3:32 PM, Jordan Hayes wrote:

> Thanks for making my point, which was that just because lots of people say something doesn't make it true, even if it's catchy and quotable. Like so much of the Z trial that no one seemed to actually pay attention to, yet can say over and over all the things that are simply not true.
>
> # "Common sense isn't"
>
> Happy Friday, LBO!

Common sense tells me that when you have a fever, your body is raising your body temp to fight off infection, and needs food, and when you have a cold, a virus is using your food energy to survive, and needs to be starved. Thus, I believe you should starve a cold, and feed a fever. Catchy, eh?

Thanks for the Friday blessing. :-)