[lbo-talk] Anarchy and nonprofits

W. Kiernan wkiernan at gmail.com
Sun Jul 21 09:54:21 PDT 2013

Good luck unlocking this .pdf, however! You should have a look at the page layout on this g.d. thing. When you do manage to copy-n-paste it, each individual letter comes in as a separate line! You get something that looks like this:

N O A M C H O M S K Y - w e l l , a n a r c h i s m i s , i n m y v i e w

On the plus side the columns in the printed layout have a wave-shaped space between them similar to the Scion logo. This pissed me off so bad that I ripped the entire column into plain ASCII text, which I would attach to this post but it amounts to 17,365 bytes, which I think exceeds lbo-talk's server's limits, so for Carrol's reading pleasure it's here:

http://uncharted.org/frownland/books/spanda.txt

The original title reads "BELIVE". If you read "Manufacturing Consent" there's not a whole lot new here except Chomsky linking "growing worker insecurity" to "growing student insecurity." I think the latter is more based on spite than strategy myself.

yrs WDK