[lbo-talk] How a bankrupt Germany solved its Infrastructure Problems

Jim Farmelant farmelantj at juno.com
Mon Jul 22 18:17:48 PDT 2013

FDR had at least as hostile SCOTUS as Obama has had. FDR, however, was willing to slug it out with the Court until he eventually got his own way, unlike Obama. But then again, nobody in their right mind is going to confuse Obama with FDR.

And yes that's the same Henry C.K. Liu, who has been doing economic journalism for years.

Jim Farmelant http://independent.academia.edu/JimFarmelant http://www.foxymath.com Learn or Review Basic Math

Sean: "That and a president who would fail to veer off the neoliberal path " [WS:] I am not sure about that, but I am pretty sure that if O tried any of the measures described in the Counterpunch piece, they would be promptly overturned by SCOTUS. The debate of the legality of "mandates" in Obamacare is a good indicator of the legal fate of any "radical" Keynesian policies. Why should O expend his political capital on measures that are almost certain to be overturned in courts?

On another note, is Henry C.K. Liu quoted in that piece the same Henry C.K. Liu that used to be on this listserv?

-- Wojtek

____________________________________________________________ Raise the Minimum Wage Tell the GOP: it's time to raise the minum wage http://thirdpartyoffers.juno.com/TGL3141/51edd9fa6e9f959fa0bc1st01vuc