[lbo-talk] More recording questions

joel schalit jschalit at gmail.com
Tue Jul 23 09:57:08 PDT 2013

MP3s are still MP3s though. You can up the bitrate to whatever, but it's still a compressed format. You can hear the difference if you pay attention. Most people don't. That's fine. I record and edit audio all the time, so I can hear it.

I would only listen to MP3s or lossless-formatted mini-files on a dedicated HD player. If I'm going to use a CD player, I''ll just default to a traditional CD. I never thought I'd make such a distinction (I really do prefer vinyl) but those are the shakes.

Joel