[lbo-talk] More recording questions

Chuck Grimes cagrimes42 at gmail.com
Wed Jul 24 14:07:32 PDT 2013

> I need to edit music ripped from a CD because I'm assembling a score for a
> ballet from various CDs: It will be a combination of renaissance, baroque,
> and modern music. Some pieces I'll use in their entirety; others I just
> want snippets from.
>
> Joanna

I know two women who do this kind of thing for a living---struggle living struggle..etc. I can give you the details and phones off list. One is a jazz base player and the other is classical trained, writes, plays, and sings. Their software and computers are pro grade and might be helpful in selecting and using digital systems. Both are sound fanatics.

Joyce (the classical one) knows how to score for performance, since her performances are for custom made baroque instruments in which she sings transcriptions from Provincal poets to late Medieval music.

Priscilla (the base player) has a sound studio in her basement that was once state of the art, just before the digital revolution, so now its upgraded with computers. She does work for locals looking to cut their own CDs for agents, etc.

I think both use Mac-whatever. They never answer their phone so you have to leave a message and expect a call back sometime. I only know them because of their significant male other as they say.

Once I found out what they did I was blown away and tended to pester them at parties. I mean how many no-bullshit pro grade art types do you get to meet?

CG