[lbo-talk] Why Metadata Matters

Wojtek S wsoko52 at gmail.com
Fri Jul 26 13:00:50 PDT 2013

On Fri, Jul 26, 2013 at 3:44 PM, Eleutherios Rizooto < eleutherios.rizooto at gmail.com> wrote:

> There's Wojtek and there's George Dyson; Alan Turing; many of Silicon
> Valley; over half a dozen NSA whistleblowers *all* of them warning that the
> apparatus of a totalitarian surveillance state is being constructed (many
> with experience of the GDR et al):

[WS:] To which I reply: you have no way of knowing it, you are just following a slippery slope and projecting wild conspiracy theories - the favored strategy of the libertarian pro-business lobby.

I understand that government bashing is the most favored sport in America - like football and baseball, so obviously I am not going to convince many people here. However, I hope to add some reason to this discussion by saying that anti-government moves will have zero effect on the 99 percent but they will greatly benefit the 1 percent. In other words, do not expect any difference in your lives with or without PRISM, but if you undermine the power of government, expect negative things being dished out by your bosses: lower wages, harsher working conditions, benefit cuts, more arbitrary power etc.

-- Wojtek