[lbo-talk] [Pen-l] From the WSJ: Federal Reserve 'Doves' Beat 'Hawks' in Economic Prognosticating

Robert Naiman naiman at justforeignpolicy.org
Mon Jul 29 16:59:31 PDT 2013

The preponderance of the evidence is that Yellin would likely be more dovish on tightening than Summers.

If you combined 1) the evidence that Yellin would be more dovish with 2) the likely impacts of that difference on employment and 3) the political evidence that blocking Summers was a winnable fight, the efforts that people undertook last week were justified.