[lbo-talk] We have lift-off

Tony Rolfe mr.tony.rolfe at gmail.com
Wed Jun 5 06:20:15 PDT 2013

In my experience traders say this stuff all the time. It's a badge of honour to have deep seated suspicion and even anger at the way markets are operating. After all, traders have to take opposing positions regularly to stay on top. Such critiques seem like a necessary form of conservatism, they may even help one do the job well. You have to be able to take a minority position to beat the market.

One of the most successful old school equity traders I know swears the US jobs numbers are completely rigged (a la Jack Welch's tweets).