[lbo-talk] LBO Tiff goes Viral on Counterpunch

Jerry Monaco monacojerry at gmail.com
Wed Jun 5 07:24:13 PDT 2013

>From a human being who doesn't understand how "humans" are "unnatural" or
separate from "nature". (Perhaps we are angels or some other supernatural beings?)

And from an acolyte of Carrol.

"
> I would advocate that Doug pose next to a tree (that wasn't planted by
somebody) as proof he is one with nature.

I'm not. I'm at two with nature.

"The image of undistorted nature arises only in distortion, as its opposite." - Adorno"

1. We humans are nature just as much as a bee or a tree. And yet I agree that Doug Henwood is at two with trees and at three with bees. Somebody please explain to me how humans are somehow above or outside of nature.

"It's not my "favourite" phrase since I've only used to describe the views of Carrol and his acolytes like yourself who I don't consider to be representative of the politics and mode of expression of most others on the list. If that weren't so, I'd bid the list a prompt farewell."

2. Most of the posts under this heading has convinced me that I should either join the S.L. or hope that Carrol forms a Leninist groupuscule of some sort and join that. Count me as an acolyte of Carrol.

3. Goethe's last words: "More light."

Jerry