[lbo-talk] Framing is everything

Shane Mage shmage at pipeline.com
Thu Jun 6 09:45:36 PDT 2013

On Jun 6, 2013, at 11:34 AM, Wojtek S wrote:

> Regardless of their party affiliation, Americans think the Internal
> Revenue
> Service was wrong to target conservative groups applying for tax-
> exempt
> status, and that it was done for political reasons and not because
> officials felt it was the right policy to pursue, according to the
> latest
> New York Times/CBS News poll.
>
> http://www.nytimes.com/2013/06/07/us/politics/poll-irs-targeting-of-conservatives.html?partner=rss&emc=rss
>
> [WS:] In reality, using 501c3 tax exempt status for political
> purposes is
> illegal, and the IRS simply did its job to find out whether
> organizations
> appearing to serve political purposes broke the law...What I find
> more interesting,
> and far more disturbing, is a big victory of
> the Repug propaganda machine in framing this issue as "targeting"
> rather
> than legitimate law enforcement...

What makes it "Targeting" is that no such investigation was done on the Obamist groups doing exactly the same illegal things! Selective "law enforcement" is not "legitimate." It is tyrannical. Repugs and Demoncs sometimes tell the truth--though only about each other.

Shane Mage

"L'après-vie, c'est une auberge espagnole. L'on n'y trouve que ce qu'on a apporté."

Bardo Thodol