[lbo-talk] Fwd: c

Wojtek S wsoko52 at gmail.com
Wed Jun 12 08:07:15 PDT 2013

RE. "Bottom line, Joe Stalin would [have] loved it. Why should anyone have to say more?

[WS:] This analogy is plain wrong. Joe Stalin did not have to *gather* information. He and his security apparatus could *make stuff up* - no matter how absurd - to railroad their opponents to gulags. You do not think that bogus charges of political incorrectness were based on any information gathering of the kind that the NSA is doing.

What is really annoying in this thread is not the lengths of Charles's excusing Obama, but the lengths of infantile anti-statism of those barking at Obama. I am not a big fan of Obama, but the sheer idiocy of most of the criticism aimed at him makes me being more supportive of him.

-- Wojtek