[lbo-talk] Fwd: c

Wojtek S wsoko52 at gmail.com
Wed Jun 12 11:11:50 PDT 2013

Jim:The secret police in the old GDR or People's Poland would have given their right eyeteeth for access to the sort of data that the NSA is now able to collect. I am surprised that someone who comes from that region isn't more concerned about this.

[WS:] Who said that I am not concerned? But I am trying to be rational. I see a real danger posed by terrorists and I expect a reasonable response to that threat by the authorities. Thus far that response has been reasonable and within legal limits. Is there a potential for abuse of this surveillance capacity? Of course there is, and people should be vigilant.

But I see no useful purpose being served by hysteria about what thus far has been a reasonable and legal law enforcement activity.