[lbo-talk] Span apology + global capitalism.

David Green davegreen84 at yahoo.com
Fri Jun 21 06:44:26 PDT 2013

I apologize (if that's what you're supposed to do) for somebody hacking my e-mail and sending span to the list. I don't post very much, but I do enjoy the discussions. As long as I'm here, I will say that I've finished the long march through Panitch & Gindin's The Making of Global Capitalism, and I found it to be an eye-opening book insofar as they question basic assumptions, including on the left, about "competition" between states in a world dependent on the American currency and investment. Events of the past day or two seem, among many other things, to bear this out. I would be interested in the impressions of anyone who has delved into their argument.   David Green