[lbo-talk] If you live in the USA, you probably have already committed a felony today

Wojtek S wsoko52 at gmail.com
Sun Jun 23 07:48:38 PDT 2013

Gar: "if you are innocent you have nothing to fear."

[WS:] This is a pretty lame excuse. It is so lame that it is difficult to take it seriously.

My point is very much different: it is the choice between the government and the anti-government crowd in the US of A. The government is definitely a lesser evil here. Not that I like what it is doing, but I dislike the anti-government, tea-party libertarian crowd much more. And the US lefties who jump on this anti-government bandwagon remind of the Communists in Weimar Germany who often sided with the Nazis in the opposition to social-democrats. They got what they were asking for.

So I my position on this is quite clear - I support the administration or, as a New Yorker cartoon has it, I am willing to give up the appearances of privacy for the illusion of safety. Trading illusions won't hurt anyone, but siding with the libertarian, tea party, ant-government crowd will.

-- Wojtek