[lbo-talk] What legal speciality handles this kind of problem

Gar Lipow gar.lipow at gmail.com
Mon Mar 11 17:32:40 PDT 2013

I think my Mother is being cheated on her reverse mortgage in the sense they are cutting off draws long before she reaches her agreed on limit "to cover future interest, fees and insurance". Clearly she needs a lawyer. The question is what speciality and subspeciality. Finding a good lawyer is tough any time, but really hard when you don't what kind of lawyer. I'm guessing a sub-speciality of real estate law, but maybe it is a sub-speciality of civil fraud or financial or ... well basically I have no clue. I'm hoping some lawyers on these lists can suggest what speciality and sub-specialty sh e needs.

-- Facebook: Gar Lipow Twitter: GarLipow Solving the Climate Crisis web page: SolvingTheClimateCrisis.com Grist Blog: http://grist.org/author/gar-lipow/ Online technical reference: http://www.nohairshirts.com