[lbo-talk] Graeber

123hop at comcast.net 123hop at comcast.net
Wed Mar 13 08:18:23 PDT 2013

Nobody has been to Bombay. On the other hand, I know a lot of white Americans who go to India and come back totally enamored of the place. Somehow the poverty doesn't affect that.

I don't know why.

Joanna

----- Original Message ----- On Mar 13, 2013, at 10:43 AM, Angelus Novus <fuerdenkommunismus at yahoo.com> wrote:
> Doug wrote:
>
>> I was there in November 2003 and loved it. I'm pretty hardened to displays of polarization in First World cities.

Have any of you guys been to Bombay?

> To be fair though, I have to agree with a point Bhaskar made on his Twitter feed: Americans who pine to live in European cities tend to be white.

If true, only trivially so (demographics/wealth, etc: Americans tend to be white).

—ravi