[lbo-talk] What is the matter with India?

madhavan kutty Nandeilath madhavanconscious at gmail.com
Tue Mar 19 09:59:34 PDT 2013

Dear Joanna ,

Rape is not a new phenomenon in my country . In parts of India which remain semi feudal power rape is still common . The dalit( poor lower caste) women are the most common victims. There was no golden age when women and children freely and safely went about life. Power rape is rape when the rapists enjoys real power class caste ( social, economic , family )over victims who are forced to silently take it A lower caste agricultural worker had to present his newly wed wife to the upper caste land lord till early 20th century in my own state of Kerala . In kerala where social reform and communist movement achieved a certain social hegemony in the last century rape is comparitively rare. Now if u have already a theory on this why take the trouble of investigating further ? Fraternally NMK