[lbo-talk] The Battle of Cyprus (Ellen Brown)

123hop at comcast.net 123hop at comcast.net
Fri Mar 22 09:35:13 PDT 2013

"Seems"? It's basic accounting. When you make a deposit in a bank you're lending it money. If she has to quote Wikipedia on this, she's clearly out of her depth.

You're right, it is basic accounting, but most people are not familiar with basic accounting and are not likely to view their assets from the point of view of the bank, to whom they are liabilities.

I started my technical writing career by writing about accounting for a multi-national corporation. So, yes, this is basic for me. But I seriously doubt that it is to most people.

Also large depositors could be pension funds, which if dispossessed, could have quite an impact on ordinary people.

Joanna